Open position as:
Architect / Urban Planner
Systematica, leading Transport Planning and Mobility Engineering Consultancy, with main office in Milan and subsidiary offices in New York, Beirut and Mumbai, is seeking an Architect / Urban Planner to join the team based in Milan. Position: Project Team Leader. Main Duties: Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements/Strategies; Provide adequate knowledge in traffic and transportation planning on multi-modal transport, freight, public transport, cycling and pedestrian projects, including contributions to business cases; Preparation of evidence for public inquiries; Delivery of project to timescale & budgetary specifications; Site appraisals and feasibility studies; Delivery of high-quality technical reports; Management of small and medium scale projects; Management of small and medium teams; Liaison with clients/contractors and local/national authorities providing high quality technical advice and identifying innovative solutions to solve real world challenges; Transferring knowledge to junior team members; Conduct research on specific issues related to mobility and transportation; Produce analytical and thematic maps; Analyse architectural drawings and advice on improvements; Define mobility strategies for all transport modes; Road, infrastructure and public realm design; Writing reports and compiling presentations.
Degree in Architecture, Urban Planning or equivalent.
4-5 year working experience in the industry. Interest in mobility and transport planning issues.
· Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Italian and English. Any other language is a plus;
· Ability to manage priorities;
· Intellectual curiosity with inclination to research and problem solving;
· Self-motivated and able to manage own workload;
· Good knowledge of using basic software (Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign/ etc.). Knowledge of using advanced software (ArcGIS or equivalent, and others) is a plus.
· Positive working relationships with our clients and colleagues, working in a dynamic team environment alongside like-minded planners, engineers, modellers, and designers.