Open position as:
Riyadh-based Traffic Engineering Officer
We are looking for a Traffic Engineering Officer to join our team in Riyadh, KSA, for a 24-month strategic PMO framework.
The project encompasses the following areas: Urban Mobility Planning; Development Planning; Traffic Impact Study / Transport Assessment; Pedestrian Flow Analysis; Crowd Management and Mobility Planning of Major Events, and Safety Audit.
As a Traffic Engineering Officer with a Senior Traffic Engineer position, you will be responsible for your team's performance by training, supervising, and evaluating each member on the following tasks: signing and striping design; traffic control; traffic signal timing; intelligent transportation systems (ITS); traffic and transportation research; analysis, planning, and design; project reports, plans, specifications, estimates, grant applications, progress reports, and other technical documents.
You will also monitor the work of contractors and address the inquiries made by the public, council offices, and City Departments.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a flexible and positive approach to problem-solving and has a strong track record of delivering a wide range of projects while maintaining an approachable attitude with colleagues and clients.
The successful candidate will gain considerable experience on various stimulating projects and will have the possibility to grow within a dynamic team.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements/Strategies
- Working collectively on various technical disciplines;
- Assistance with traffic/transport-related tasks required by the Project Manager
- Auditing, peer review, and due diligence activities
- Preparation of travel demand forecast and multiple-approach trip generation
- Preparation and delivery of travel planning scheme
- Preparation of evidence for public inquiries
- Traffic flow analysis & transport modelling
- Traffic modeling and junction capacity assessments
- Delivery of project to timescale & budgetary specifications
- Site appraisals and feasibility studies
- Delivery of high-quality technical reports
- Management of small and medium-scaled projects
- Liaison with clients/contractors and local/national authorities
- Briefing Technicians in the production of drawings and models
- Staff supervision
Degree or graduating in Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering or equivalent
Minimum of 7 years of experience in Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering
- Fluency in English is mandatory (knowledge of Arabic is a plus);
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages;
- Working experience with multi-modal micro-simulation codes (Legion, Paramics, Vissim, Viswalk, and more);
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- International working experience is a plus.