Open position as:
Riyadh-based Traffic Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Traffic Engineering Manager to join our team in Riyadh, KSA, for a 24-month strategic PMO framework.
The project encompasses the following areas: Urban Mobility Planning, Development Planning, Traffic Impact Study / Transport Assessment, Pedestrian Flow Analysis, Crowd Management and Mobility Planning of Major Events, and Safety Audit.
As a Traffic Engineering Manager (a Technical Director level could be considered for this office), you will demonstrate the right collaborative behaviors and possess excellent communication skills to ensure you quickly establish strong relationships across our business and with our clients. You will mentor team members to help them achieve excellence and reach their personal development objectives. You will demonstrate strong know-how in dealing effectively with the political aspects of working for a high-profile local authority client and contribute to their aspiration to be the best in class.
You will apply your wide-range knowledge in transport planning principles and techniques to achieve client objectives and accurately interpret and communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will provide technical guidance and be one of our principal contacts with customers.
The ideal candidate has extensive leadership experience and a sound technical background in transport economics, transport policy, transport strategy, rail and bus planning, business cases, and sustainable transport planning.
The successful candidate will contribute to the technical excellence of the team, gain considerable experience on various interesting and challenging projects, and will have the possibility to grow within a dynamic team in a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
- Strategic project management on consultancy and long-term PMO services (delivering projects in the relevant technical area aligned with the quality standards, on time, and within budget)
- Interaction and coordination with other business lines on various multi-disciplinary projects
- Supervision of the workload and support to junior Project Managers
- Task management of specifying, supervising, analysing and reporting on a range of quantitative and qualitative exercises
- Management of transport planning studies drawing on your project management skills, technical knowledge and analytical ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams that comprise both internal colleagues and external subconsultants
- Effective liaison with clients and other external stakeholders (including politicians and the public)
- Management of project budgets, exercising effective financial and budgetary control
- Delivery of projects with respect to timescale & budgetary specifications
- Liaison with clients/contractors and local/national authorities as required
Degree in Civil/ Transport Engineering
Minimum 18 years of experience in Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering
- Fluency in English is mandatory (knowledge of Arabic is an added value)
- Financial management and budgeting
- Strategic Project Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Representative of the company at meetings
- Awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to ensure that these are managed effectively within budgetary constraints
- Proven ability and strong track record of delivering
- Customer-focused and competitive expert in delivering a wide range of projects
- International working experience